Monday, October 12, 2009

More Covington Louisiana

While we were in Covington we took a short trip back across Lake Ponchartrain to the French Quarter in New Orleans. We stopped at a beautiful store called Rendezvous Linen and Lace. I thought you might like to look inside.In the entry there is a beautiful chandelier that I couldn't help but stare at. I'm lucky I didn't walk into something while I was staring. I was truly in awe.
Further in the shop there was tons of Linen and Lace. I was in heaven. The store smelled wonderful too. Like a garden of roses. I could have stayed in their forever. But, I wanted to see more.

The wall was painted with roses which were so beautiful. Truly it was one of those stores you could spend hours in just looking at everything.
But, I had so much more to show you. Back in Covington, the businesses are in old homes. Here is one of the beautiful businesses. That would make it easier to go to work everyday wouldn't it? Other homes in the neighborhood, look just as beautiful.
Another business for you to see.
And one of my favorite pink and white houses. I just love the gingerbread shingles on the front. It reminded me of a gingerbread house...only more shabby chic...!

1 comment:

  1. Kristen,
    OH my, the pictures are wonderful, how lucky were you?? Ok, for starters, I want that pink and white house with the gingerbread shingles, yesiree!! Oh, and that chandelier,did you buy it?hahah......Thanks for sharing, I'm in awe!!

    ReplyDelete